|SCSS Epsilon Blade|
Maniakku Jogyosha (“Fanboy's Rolling Stock”): Ukiyo-e painting of the Epsilon Blade at Narita Airport 09 September 2009, published in the Asahi Shimbun 10 September.
|Base Hull||Custom two-deck scoutship|
|Length||18.82 m (61' 8 7/8")|
|Width||6.1 m (20')|
|Height||6.34 m (20' 9 1/2")|
|Mass||49,895 kg (55 tons)|
|Drive Type||3x ion engines|
(2x Anson-Li Gravmasters)
|Drive Rating||Max velocity 0.05c (15,000 kps)|
|Armament||1x 5"/25 linear accelerator gun|
|Primary Manufacturer||Anderson Spaceflight|
|Flag of Record||Republic of Australia (until October 10, 2014)|
Stellvia Corporation (after October 9, 2014)
|Launched||21 March 2008|
|Primary Crew||Noah Scott (Commander, Gunner)|
Yayoi Fujisawa (Pilot)
Kohran Li (Engineer)
|Other Crew||Sora Hasegawa (Engineer Emeritus, 2008-13)|
One of the earlier Fenships and possibly the earliest purpose-built Fenship, the Epsilon Blade is one of the few privately-owned armed ships in Fenspace.
- The Epsilon Blade is named after two deceased friends of the ship's owner.
- The engines were twin ion thrusters before being handwaved.
- The ship bears a remarkable resemblance to the parachronic conveyers illustrated in the roleplaying supplement GURPS Infinite Worlds; it is not, however, capable of interdimensional travel.
In most Fenspace Infinities settings, the Epsilon Blade is sister ship to the Digamma Thunderbolt.
Upper Deck, forward to aft: Bridge, stairs to lower deck, lounge/galley, crew cabin, weapons locker, upper deck engineering (primarily turret machinery and upper half of engines).
Lower Deck, forward to aft: Owner's cabin, stairs to upper deck, 'fresher, airlock, hold, lower deck engineering.
The Epsilon Blade is featured in the following stories:
- Chrysanthemum Day
- We don't need that hammer, Lucifer...
- Disturbing Implications of Land Rising Into the Sky
- Convention Thread GO!
- Entertaining the troops(?)
- The Fall of Crystal Osaka
- With Liberty And Great Justice...
- Legend of Galactic Girls
- The Gravmaster drives are a gift from an extradimensional source and not public knowledge. When used, they bring the ship's maximum speed up to 0.075c
- Not to be confused with "station" L5-A-1, the Stellvia Annex