Image not available
|Born||Noah Scott Anderson|
July 7, 1964
Hartford, Connecticut, USA, Earth
|Residence||Stellvia Station, Earth-Luna L5|
|Home town||Hartford, Connecticut, USA|
|Rank||Great Justice Troubleshooter (OF-8)|
|Partner||Yoriko Nikaido (until June 2013)|
|Children||Sora Hasegawa (daughter, AI)|
Kohran Li (daughter, AI)
Safety (daughter, AI)
Helen Scott (daughter)
Often called "the Richest S.O.B. in Fenspace", Noah Scott is widely assumed to be the richest man off Earth. He's also the president and majority stockholder of the largest corporate state in the solar system, Stellvia Corporation, in which the bulk of his wealth is invested.
The Secret History of Noah Scott - Do NOT follow this link if you do not want to read spoilers!
Notable Mundane Attributes
- Filthy Rich - Has noticeable cash reserves, and owns his own corporation and a space station outright.
- What bureaucracy? Decent administrator.
None directly, but has built and immediately manumitted a number of 'wavetech AIs (skilled allies).
- Oh, that bureaucracy - Needs to handle more paperwork than most fen do, on a regular basis.
- But this works perfectly well - Prefers hardtech over wavetech.
- No, it isn't all fun and games - Lives and works with many 'wavetech AIs, so has to tend to their (sometimes conflicting) unusual dependencies.
- Who hid my glasses this time? Nearsighted.
- I'm in shape; round is a shape - Noticeably overweight.
- Thank Ghu it's over; I'm going to collapse now - Incapacitating "post-combat shakes".
- Oh, it's mister moneybags - Reputation for being a "rich bastard" (partially deserved).
- Oh, $#!+ ... Take cover! Reputation for being dangerously trigger-happy (overblown) and bloodthirsty (deserved). Barred from some stations, discouraged from visiting areas inhabited primarily by pacifistic factions.
- Get a gun, already - Intolerant of Hidden Asteroid and other hand-to-hand-fighter fen.
- But there's a new episode on... Poorly-socialized fan. (This was "bought off" somewhere around the time of the Interdimensional Incursion Incident.)
Stellvians (de facto faction leader)
|“||Noah's built His Home (note the capital letters), against what the uncaring Universe and the vagaries of Handwavium has thrown at him, and gained a family. Deep in his core, he doesn't want to give it up to traipse around.||”|
|Fenspace's handgun collector|
|Only a particular sort of Fan is able to be a firearms collector, as opposed to a firearms user:
This narrows the potential number of known handgun collectors in Fenspace to one. And, yes, Noah Scott does collect sidearms.
The Scott collection started as a pair of SIG Sauer P229s chambered for .357 Sig rounds (the US Air Marshals' pistol), intended for repelling hostile boarders of Noah's home. They were never used for that purpose. Noah still uses one of these (loaded with Glaser blue safety slugs) as his personal sidearm of choice; the other was lost in early June 2013 with Yoriko Nikaido.
By mid-2013, his collection has grown to include over two dozen weapons, all of which are fully functional. The prize pieces in the collection, both on display in Noah's office, are a MB Associates Mark I Gyrojet (Kohran Li hand-makes ammunition for it) and a "Whistler Special" chambered for 9×19mm Parabellum. The largest piece in the collection is a H&K MP5K short 9×19mm Parabellum submachine gun, with the optional attache case with trigger built into the handle; Noah refuses to discuss how he obtained it, except to say that both Sora Hasegawa and Katz Schrödinger were there at the time.
The Stellvians, A.C. Peters and the crew of the Prometheus Forge, Jon Helscher (after the Grover's Corners launch), Katz Schrödinger (after SOS-Con), Haruhi Suzumiya (after SOS-Con, until May 2013), Malaclypse Fnord (by e-mail only until April 2013, becoming distant after the mid-2010s)
Noah is a Generalist - he likes stories form a wide cross-section of genres, media, and nations. His favorites include classic Star Trek, original Star Wars, various mecha, mahou-shojo, SF, and relationship anime, the Connery-era Bond movies, and almost everything written by "Doc" Smith, Robert A. Heinlein, and Spider Robinson. He's also fond of an obscure fanfic series called "Drunkard's Walk," but has never mentioned that to its author.
Noah also plays tabletop RPGs, preferring GURPS, In Nomine, and BESM.
Noah is a not-particularly-melodic tenor. His birthday is July 7, 1964, which he shares with his favourite manga illustrator.
Noah has a notable or major role in the following stories:
- Log of the Long-Term Autonomous AI Experiment
- Chrysanthemum Day
- We don't need that hammer, Lucifer...
- Disturbing Implications of Land Rising Into the Sky
- SOS-Con: The Story Begins
- Entertaining the troops(?)
- The 2012 Season
- FTL Newsfeed 235
- The Fall of Crystal Osaka
- Spider Symposium Briefing
- With Liberty And Great Justice...
- Journeys through tarnished dreams
- Legend of Galactic Girls
- Training the New Girl
- Yet Another Bright Idea
- With This Station-Ring
- News Flash for October 10
- He isn't sure, not having compared his own fortune to that of Chris Marsden, Padraig O'Niell, Don Antonio Esposito, or the Jason recently.