- darksci researcher lingo. It's a contraction of "asynchronous waveform," which is technobabble for "freaky shit that might involve brains and quantum mechanics."
- see Sleeve
- A government-sponsored vulture, named after the US military's Project: CONDOR.
- Someone who visits "Death" gates in the hopes of recovering bodies and/or salvage from lost Gatecrasher or Vulture groups.
- Handwavium technology that violates current models of physical laws, but are still understandable - and replicable - if one squints hard enough.
- Running multiple copies of yourself on multiple platforms (systems or sleeves).
- Someone who makes a career of being the first to go through a new Gate address. Usually work in small teams.
- Software that creates infomorph personalities.
- Handwavium technology that conforms to physical laws as some people interpert them.
- Any cybernetic intelligence.
- Handwavium technology that conforms to physical laws as we understand them, but cannot be reproduced without handwavium.
- Handwavium technology that "tends to treat the laws of reality as vague guidelines." (This is the closest this alternate comes to mainline handwavium.)
- A facility dedicated to producing infomorphs. Sometimes an actual factory, in nations that do not recognize infomorph rights.
- Valuable data - the "paydirt" of a hacking run.
- see Sleeve
- A biological shell for a CI or an uploaded human. syn. Bioshell, Shell
- Those that do in depth follow up surveys for corps, gov'ts, or interested parties on gates that have been "Crashed" by a Gatecrasher team. Just as risky as Gatecrashing, but less "flashy" then Gatecrashing